Thursday, April 30, 2009

Operation Iraqi Freedom


Okay, this is a shameless nod to one of my followers.

This quick diorama is somewhat a labor of love or should I say 'a labor of tribute.' I tend to be absorbed in past conflicts and fascinated with European armies often ignoring the work and sacrifices of our own military.

So this is for the men and women serving in Iraq and Afghanistan (and specifically those artillerymen in the 4th Division!)


56th Striker Brigade arrives.


I love google images and wikipedia.




With my love of European armies, I had to add one figure of our allies.
A 'Desert Rat' patrols outside Basra.

2 comments:

Steven said...

Shad,
Just got back a couple weeks ago! TERRIFIC PAINTING ON THESE GUYS! And a great diorama I must say. I'm getting ready to paint up some modern GIs pretty soon. Your ACU pattern camo is perfect as well! NICELY DONE!
-Steve

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Nice work on the painting and the sandbags. I have a good friend in Kosovo in the US Army. I wish them all godspeed, victory and a safe return home.

Mike "Bunkermeister" Creek
bunkermeister.blogspot.com