Thursday, November 4, 2010

French Foreign Legion








Had these guys for years, hoping to convert to WW1 French but after butchering a neck or two gave that idea up. The white paint was chunky and swamped most of the detail. Painted them up in three uniform styles. I know little of the FFL but I believe these variations cover a period of years and theatres such as Mexico and Morocco. Not sure. Regardless, the French Foreign Legion are always dashing looking fellows. Or is that Gary Cooper I'm thinking of?

4 comments:

Sander said...

Very nice stuff Shad! Like the scenic surroundings you've placed your chaps in.

Cheers Sander

Bartender said...

I used to have those guys! ESCI right? :)

Unknown said...

Yes, ESCI. I pulled them out of mothballs, unfortunately I lost the commander. Thanks for the comments!!

Jack said...

Nice work. I also finally got around to painting my set of ESCI Legion that I had laying around for at least a dozen years. And the Arabs too! This set depicts the "Classic" French Foreign Legion from about 1890-1914. I actually did the opposite and painted some Hat Early WWI figures into Foreign Legion. Kepi was kept white and I didn't bother to paint a sun guard.